COVID 19 Update
You are a valued guest and the reason we do what we do. Our business is centred around you, and we are appreciative of your loyalty and your understanding during this unprecedented time. Plaza Hotel and D’Urban Hotel have temporarily closed as of Friday, March 27, as part of the continuing effort to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
We continue to evaluate the situation and our website will be updated once we know when we will be able to reopen. We know this is likely a disappointment and we are sorry for the disruption to your travel plans. Safety of our staff and customers is our highest priority at both Plaza Hotel and D’Urban Hotel. Just like you, we are closely monitoring new developments regarding COVID-19.
We have actively taken direction from health, government, and local authorities to ensure social distancing and that COVID-19 safety requirements are met. Our policies and procedures follow the regulations from the Department of Health and the recommendations from the NICD (National Institute of Communicable Diseases). As seen below we will be implementing a number of measures to minimise the threat of COVID-19, thus ensuring clean, safe and healthy hotel environments.
Guest and Employee Safety:
- Hand Hygiene:
- Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. Our staff are frequently reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It is important for their health and that of our guests.
- Ongoing Training:
- Training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols.
- Cleaning Products:
- We work with our suppliers to make sure our hotels can procure virus-killing products.
- Guest Rooms:
- We use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items.
- Public Spaces:
- We will increase the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting of public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, lift (and lift buttons), door handles, public bathrooms and even room keys. All public spaces will be attended to every two to four hours. High-frequency public spaces, such as the lift, restrooms, and the front desk will be cleaned hourly.
- Back of House:
- In the spaces where staff work "behind the scenes," we will increase the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like staff rest rooms, laundry room, kitchen and staff offices.
- Perspex screen at our reception for your safety.
- All guests to wear masks upon entry of the hotels and outside of their rooms. Our staff have been instructed to wear masks at all time.
- Sanitiser will be provided upon entry to the hotel and will be present at the reception and dining area.
- Temperature Monitoring:
- All staff and guests will have temperature tested upon entry to the hotel.
- Staff and Guest Screening:
- All staff and guests will be screened for symptoms upon entering the hotel.
- Maximum limit of 2 people will be allowed in the lift at any given time.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Plaza Hotel and D’Urban Hotel.
SepeleD'Urban Hotel Guest
Very nice place, with friendly staff. Neat and well secured. All thanks to the very helpful receptionists and security guards, thank you for your kind hospitality. We enjoyed our stay there and hope we'll meet again soon. Keep up the good work Savanna.
VinniahPlaza Hotel Guest
The place was clean. The reception was friendly. Bed was good to sleep on. Breakfast was nice and well cooked. Everything was marvellous. Keep it up guys.
AmandaPlaza Hotel Guest
Best value for money, friendly service, clean and comfortable. Definitely coming back and will recommend to people.
NokwandaD'Urban Hotel Guest
It's a great get-away place and it's in the centre of town so everything is just at your finger tips.
ProsperPlaza Hotel Guest
Clean rooms. Great service and the breakfast buffet... mncwahhh... all this for a reasonable fee.
NoliqwaD'Urban Hotel Guest
It was lovely and also we held a braai there after a match.. The staff is also friendly.
MariaD'Urban Hotel Guest
The staffs are really friendly and helpful the rooms are comfortable and clean.
MfankhonaD'Urban Hotel Guest
Nice place with an affordable price.
NelsonlutherPlaza Hotel Guest
Good service, nice breakfast.
SilindileD'Urban Hotel Guest
Quiet and close to the beach.
BongekaD'Urban Hotel Guest
Wow it was good!